1 heaping teaspoon butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 cups corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan; coat the inside of the pan with the
2. Add sugar and syrup and then the vinegar. Stir over low heat
until the sugar and syrup have melted together.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer without stirring. Test by
dropping a little into cold water to see if it sets.
4. Add the baking powder which will make the mixture foam up.
5. Stir well and then turn into a greased pan. Cool & cut into
squares. Store in an airtight container.
Yellowman, a brittle texture toffee, has been made for hundreds
of years in Ireland. Yellowman is sold at the Auld Lammas fair every
August and is a tradition in Ballycastle, Co. Antrim.